Thursday, February 14, 2013

First Drive: 2013 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 Roadster

Filed under: , , ,

What Dreams May Come



The Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 Roadster left me stupefied. Despite my experience with countless other high-powered exotics on a variety of racing circuits, including nearly all of its Gallardo siblings, the all-wheel-drive, 700-horsepower flagship dropped my jaw to the ground.

Less than 24 hours earlier, I had been sitting on an airplane at 39,000 feet studying press releases about the Italian automaker's newest range-topping convertible. While everything looked spectacular on paper, I was genuinely concerned that its new cylinder deactivation system and open-roof configuration would spoil some of the fun - soften its personality, to be more specific.

Yet here I was, approaching 150 miles per hour on a front straight after dropping off the 20-degree banking at Homestead-Miami Speedway, and the Aventador Roadster had extinguished those thoughts like a cold bucket of water on a lit match. The scissor-door supercar was screaming near redline - my heart rate was only a few ticks behind - and I was near speechless.

Continue reading 2013 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 Roadster

2013 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 Roadster originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 14 Feb 2013 11:57:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments


No comments:

Post a Comment