Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Harry Potter Books Are Getting New Covers

Coooooooool!
















Source: mediaroom.scholastic.com











To commemorate the 15th anniversary of the Harry Potter books, Scholastic is releasing a new edition of the series in September with new covers by artist Kazu Kibuishi. The cover for "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" is the first to be unveiled.

"As an author myself, I tried to answer the question, 'If I were the author of the books - and they were like my own children - how would I want them to be seen years from now?'" Kibuishi said in a statement. "When illustrating the covers, I tried to think of classic perennial paperback editions of famous novels and how those illustrations tend to feel. In a way, the project became a tribute to both Harry Potter and the literary classics."

No comments:

Post a Comment